Monday, March 21, 2005

The Great Good Night

I am so sad. So broke, so out of time and chances. Really unpleasant things I've been able to stave off for three years now are going to come home to roost very soon. I am far from sure that I can take it, the coming storm.

Well, myself, I, were it only I, can take almost anything. But I have three kids, and a suicidally depressed wife. Its gonna be rough. Very rough.

How it starts: you actually start making some money, between you. Then your wife snaps, and its only you making money, on a two income life plan. Where lowering the lifestyle will likely drive the wife even further down, if there is such a thing. But your dad dies, so you inherit some cash, you actually have enough talent to up the take-home to replace maybe a quarter of her lost income, and you have a nice family, so you can beg and borrow and scrape it on for a while. But the party has to end sometime. Its ending now. Bye Bye.

And the party wasn't even that nice.

I have no idea why I'm writing this, its just words out there into that great electronic night, I cannot imagine anyone is reading this. Maybe god is. Hi god. Could use some help here.

1 Comments:

Blogger cub photographer said...

I'm reading it, Orval. Hang in there. Keep your eye on the Lord.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home