Monday, June 13, 2005

Maybe I'm Martin Borman

When I started to think about this blog thing, I was thinking in terms of my own voice. But I am so much more comfortable commenting on other blogs and boards. I am getting less and less sure that I have my own voice, only my response to everyone else's.

Which shouldn't surprise me. Professionally, I've largely been a backroom boy, doing stuff for people, reinventing people, making people's ideas work. And yes, mostly figuring out ways to get my ideas into their vocabulary in return. I've never been able to perform the same services for myself. Whenever I sense its getting closer to me, I get very scared.

I so don't want to be out front, I just want to make the things I can get my hands on to work. And, truth be told, get my hands on as much as possible. Because I am much better at getting things to work than most people, I think.

But I really don't want to get in front of the curtain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home